Ethics of Contact
- Some of the ethical issues in the extraterrestrial Contact occurring on our planet
- visitation and occupation without informed consent by citizens of this world instead of by secret government groups or other organizations
- non-disclosure of intentions and fostering secrecy and deception as opposed to openness, trust and negotiation
- breaching planetary and national boundaries with impunity
- displays of technological power over cities and military installations risking national security
- fostering human dependency through offers of technology to a less advanced or less developed native race
- violations of basic human rights in abducting people against their will and subjecting them to often terrifying procedures, resulting in psychological trauma and social isolation
- exploitation of resources, both human and biological
- behind the scenes exacerbation of human conflict
Marshall Vian Summers informs us that our "Allies cannot interfere in human affairs. They do not influence our governments, the leaders of our religions or various people in our commerce. They bring their message directly to you as a conscientious person. They come only to inform, for the decision is up to us as to how we’re going to regard this and how we wish to respond.”
Justifications cited by the Intervention
- "They feel that they are coming here to save the world from humanity. Some even believe they are here to save humanity from itself. They feel that they are in the right and do not consider that their actions are inappropriate or unethical. According to their ethics, they are doing what is considered to be reasonable and important. However, for all freedom-loving beings, such an approach cannot be justified."
- "The visitors believe that this is entirely appropriate in order to preserve the world. They feel that they are doing humanity a great service, and so they are wholehearted in their persuasions."